Monday 9 July 2007

The final curtain – cue Frank Sinatra

By Hisham


It’s over. We’ve had a great time, we given something back and we’ve learnt a thing or two about rugby. An excellent tour. Thanks to our sponsors who helped us get here, donate vital equipment, and make waves here in Nigeria (I, for one, been asked to have numerous pictures taken with people and even been asked for an autograph….I can’t wait for my wife to remind me how unimportant I really am).

From Lagos we’ll take away an understanding of chaos. From Ilorin we’ll take away how passion really can be all you need to make something out of nothing. We’ll want to take some of the Ilorin passion and fury onto the pitch at home. We’ve learnt a thing or two about each other (ahhh), and we’ve had a damned good time. In fact, I’d be rather shocked if anyone who’d been on this tour wouldn’t immediately sign up for next year.

Oh, and we’ve also learnt that some of us weren’t shouting our Nigerian chant quite right either…

Bosza!


our thanks to Virgin Nigeria, FBN Bank, Kwara Hotel. The Ambassador Hotel, ExxonMobil, and Kwara State Government.












Mark Ho Sports a traditional Nigerian outfit

No comments: